The Twilight Zone is a 2019 American anthology television series and a reboot of the original 1959 science fiction series. It is set to premiere on April 1, 2019 on CBS All Access. It is being produced byJordan Peele’s Monkeypaw company, Simon Kinberg’s Genre Films, and CBS Television Studios.
The series is also hosted by Jordan Peele (Us; Get Out): “Too many times this year it’s felt we were living in a twilight zone, and I can’t think of a better moment to reintroduce it to modern audiences,” he has said.
The first season of the revival will consist of ten episodes. Two episodes will be released on April 1st, with the remaining eight being released weekly every Thursday. The first trailer was shown during Superbowl.
Details of most episodes have yet to be revealed, however the following is know:
- ‘Rewind’ will star Sanaa Lathan.
- ‘Nightmare at 30,000 Feet’, a remake of the classic ‘Nightmare at 20,000 Feet’ will star Adam Scott.
- ‘The Wunderkind’, about a child President, will featureJacob Tremblay, Erica Tremblay, John Cho, and Allison Tolman.
- ‘The Traveller’, about two cops and a mysterious traveller, will feature Steven Yeun and Greg Kinnear.
- Kumail Nanjiani is in an unspecified episode.
- DeWanda Wise, Jessica Williams, Lucinda Dryzek, Jefferson White, and Jonathan Whitesell are in another unspecified episode
- Another unnamed episode features Taissa Farmiga, Rhea Seehorn, Luke Kirby, Ike Barinholtz, and Percy Hynes-White.
Principal photography for the series began on October 1, 2018, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Filming is expected to last until March 20, 2019.