Previously, we reported that John Krasinski has confirmed that principal filming has been completed for what was the inevitable sequel to last year’s A Quiet Place – which took over $200 million – with another Twitter announcement.
— John Krasinski (@johnkrasinski) September 25, 2019
— John Krasinski (@johnkrasinski) July 15, 2019
Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds and Noah Jupe reprised their roles from the first film, alongside Cillian Murphy and Brian Tyree Henry (Child’s Play, 2019).
In June, the latter commented to Indiewire: “I think that we’re going to get a few answers to the origin of where and how this whole thing happened,” adding “I think that people want to know that. But I think you’re just going to see another side of it… more of humanity that survived this thing in this next story.
Back in November 2018, John Krasinski said in an interview with Business Insider that “I don’t even see it as a sequel. Emily [Blunt] actually blew my mind by categorizing it the correct way after I pitched it to her. She said, ‘This isn’t a sequel at all — this is the second book in a series of books. It’s a widening of a world.’
And I thought that’s the best way to look at it. It doesn’t feel like a sequel — it’s a continuation of living in that world. I can’t wait to get in there and keep writing and see what this movie wants to allow itself to be. And that will happen in the script process and the shooting and the editing.
But I think what’s cool about the second part of this movie is the same set of rules have to apply. I can’t just introduce a world where you can make a ton of sound, and if I did, there would have to be a reason for it. So it’s figuring out if there are smart and clever ways to do it.”
The Paramount Pictures production is scheduled to be released on March 20, 2020.