An English Haunting is a 2020 British supernatural horror feature film about ghostly events in a vast old manor house.
Written, produced and directed by Charlie Steeds (The Barge People; Winterskin; House of Violent Desire; Escape from Cannibal Farm), the Dark Temple Motion Pictures production stars David Lenik (The Curse of Halloween Jack; Robert Reborn; Winterskin), Tessa Wood (The Last House on Cemetery Lane), Barrington De La Roche and Emma Spurgin Hussey (The Curse of Hobbes House; The Barge People).
In 1960s England, Blake Cunningham and his alcoholic mother are forced to move into the mysterious Clemonte Hall, a vast isolated manor house, to care for his dying grandfather who resides in the attic room. Soon, ghostly goings-on fill the house with dread, as it becomes apparent grandfather’s illness may have a supernatural cause that can only be cured by uncovering the terrifying secrets of the house and its dark history…
Reviews [click links to read more]:
“The movie’s pace is deliberately slow and leaves time for the ‘onion skin’ of the story – the truth about Aubrey, the strange figure outside and the equally unusual one within – to gradually present itself. Michael Lloyd’s graceful, static camerawork – for much of the time anyway – adds to the stillness of the film.” Bloody Flicks
Cast and characters:
- David Lenik … Blake Cunningham
- Tessa Wood … Margot Clemonte
- Barrington De La Roche … Aubrey Clemonte
- Emma Spurgin Hussey … Marian Clark
- Jéssica Alonso … Anne Harper
- Rory Wilton … Gordon Cunningham
- Swainley Whipps Eden-Entwistle … Driver
- Richard D. Myers … The Three Kings (as Richard Myers)
- Klay Mobius Trip … The Three Kings
- Mark Jones … The Three Kings