‘Protect the bloodline’
Underworld: Blood Wars is a 2016 American action horror film directed by Anna Foerster – her directorial debut – from a screenplay by Cory Goodman.
It is the fifth entry in the Underworld franchise and the sequel to the 2012 film Underworld: Awakening, with Kate Beckinsale and Theo James reprising their roles. The other main cast includes Theo James, Tobias Menzies, Lara Pulver, and Charles Dance (Forbidden Empire; Patrick: Evil Awakens; Pride and Prejudice and Zombies).
“It exists only to fulfill the fantasy of its fan base and at this point, one has to question as to whether they exist. As a franchise, it’s not even of a level of the putrid Resident Evil films. There is no rhyme or reason to its existence and it has the balls to call for a further goddamn sequel.” Flickering Myth
Underworld: Blood Wars was released on January 6, 2017, by Sony/Screen Gems.
Cast and characters:
- Kate Beckinsale as Selene, a Death Dealer and a Vampire-Corvinus Strain Hybrid.
- Theo James as David, Selene’s Vampire ally.
- Tobias Menzies as Marius, a Lycan leader.
- Lara Pulver as a fiercely ambitious Vampire.
- Charles Dance as Thomas, a Vampire Elder and David’s father.
- James Faulkner
- Peter Andersson
- Clementine Nicholson as Lena, the Nordic Coven’s greatest warrior and daughter of Vidar.
- Bradley James as the villain.
- Daisy Head as Alexia
- Oliver Stark as Gregor
- Brian Caspe as Hajna