Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters – Godzilla -怪獣惑星– Gojira: Kaijū Wakusei – is a 2017 Japanese CGI anime kaiju film produced by Toho Animation and animated by Polygon Pictures. The film is co-directed by Kōbun Shizuno and Hiroyuki Seshita, from a screenplay by Gen Urobuchi.
The first in a planned trilogy, Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters is scheduled to be released theatrically in Japan on November 17, 2017, and will be released worldwide on Netflix thereafter.
In the year 2048, the human race is forced to leave Earth after decades of losing against Godzilla and other giant monsters. They take a twenty year journey to another planet called Tau Ceti e, but upon arrival, they discover that the planet has become uninhabitable.
As living conditions on their ship deteriorate, a young man named Haruo spearheads a movement to return to Earth and take it back from the monsters. The ship successfully makes the return voyage, but the crew discovers that twenty thousand years have passed and Earth’s ecosystem has evolved, with Godzilla reigning atop the new food chain…
- Mamoru Miyano as Haruo Sakaki
- Takahiro Sakurai as Metphies
- Kana Hanazawa as Yuko Tani
- Yūki Kaji as Adam Bindewald
- Tomokazu Sugita as Martin Lazzari
- Junichi Suwabe as Mulu Elu Galu Gu
- Daisuke Ono as Eliott Leland
- Kenta Miyake as Rilu-Elu Belu-be
- Kenyu Horiuchi as Unberto Mori
- Kazuya Nakai as Halu-Elu Dolu-do
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Endurphe