Vengeance of the Zombies – original title: La rebelión de las muertas – is a 1973 Spanish horror feature film directed by León Klimovsky from a screenplay by Paul Naschy, who also stars.
In 1980, the movie was re-released in the US as Walk of the Dead to cash-in the success of George A. Romero’s Dawn of the Dead.
A mysterious man rampages throughout England killing unsuspecting women. Each time a victim is murdered, they are brought back to life by an Indian guru named Kantaka (Naschy) to join his army of zombies…
“There’s some gore abound, including a great money shot where an old woman’s severed head falls to the ground when her still-standing corpse is shaken.” DVD Drive-In
” …three performances from Naschy (as the well meaning fakir, as his evil brother, and in an effective nightmare sequence, as the devil himself!), several gory neck slashings (one self inflicted!), a gaggle of green faced undead gals, and Mr. Waldemar himself giving you all he’s got.” The Terror Trap
- Paul Naschy … Krisna / Kantaka / Satán
- Romy … Elvire Irving (as Rommy)
- Mirta Miller … Kala
- María Kosty … Elsie (as Maria Kosti)
- Aurora de Alba … Olivia Mortimer
- Luis Ciges … MacMurdo (as Louis Ciges)
- Pierre Besari … Ti Zachary
- Antonio Pica … Superintendent Hawkins
- Elsa Zabala … Susan
- Montserrat Julió … Flora (as Monserrat Julió)
- Ramón Lillo … Basehart (as Ramon Lillo)
- Norma Kastel … Gloria Irving (as Norma Kastell)
- Ingrid Rabel … Muerta
- Asunción Molero … Muerta (as Asuncion Molero)
- Fernando Sánchez Polack … Augusto (as Fernando Sanchez-Polak) (as Fernando S. Polack)
- Alfonso de la Vega … Absalon
- Víctor Barrera … Dr. Lawrence Radcliffe (as Vic Winner)
MOVIES & MANIA is genuinely independent and we rely solely on the minor income generated by affiliate links and internet ads to maintain and grow our online presence. Please support us by buying via Amazon links and not blocking ads on our site. Thank you. We really appreciate it.
Quick links to site contents: