‘Two runners. One mission. Zero chance.’
Running with the Devil is a 2019 American crime thriller about a chain of double-crossing and killing in a cocaine smuggling operation.
Written and directed by Jason Cabell (Smoke Filled Lungs), the movie stars Nicolas Cage, Laurence Fishburne, Barry Pepper, Adam Goldberg, Leslie Bibb, Peter Facinelli, Clifton Collins Jr., Natalia Reyes, Christian Tappan and Cole Hauser.
When a cocaine shipment is compromised to the dismay of a drug cartel’s CEO, known simply as The Boss, he orders his most trusted henchman, The Cook, and his partner, another master drug trafficker known as The Man, on a dangerous journey to audit the company’s supply chain.
As the drugs make their perilous trek across international borders, past gangsters, refiners, and couriers, they are also being tracked by Federal Agents. When The Cook realizes where the network is breaking down, it may be too late to keep the cartel satisfied…
Running with the Devil is released theatrically and on VOD by Quiver Distribution on September 20, 2019.
Cast and characters:
- Nicolas Cage … The Cook
- Cole Hauser … The Executioner
- Clifton Collins Jr. … The Farmer
- Laurence Fishburne … The Man
- Leslie Bibb … The Agent in Charge
- Barry Pepper … The Boss
- Peter Facinelli … Number One
- Adam Goldberg … The Snitch
- Natalia Reyes … The Woman
- Sarah Minnich … The Wife
- Tait Fletcher … The Collector
- Keith Jardine … Tow Truck Driver
- Rib Hillis … Mountie 2
- Luce Rains … The Keeper
- Christian Tappan … Cartel Member (as Christian Tappán)
Not to be confused with Henri Pachard’s 1973 movie of the same name.