‘Is he Man, Beast or both? Kane is the soldier of Satan’
The Eye of Satan is a 1988 British supernatural crime-horror feature film directed by David Kent-Watson (Into the Darkness; G.B.H.) from a screenplay by Cliff Twemlow [as Mike Sullivan] (Moonstalker – aka Predator: The Quietus; The Pike project) who also stars. The movie also features Ginette Gray, Max Beesley Snr and Brett Sinclair.
In Manchester, Northern England, a hit-man is assigned to protect the daughter of a local gangster after her life is threatened by a rival organisation. When the hit-man is double-crossed by his employers he wreaks a violent supernatural revenge…
“Keeping things moving was director David Kent-Watson, a Twemlow regular who had already directed GBH and Target: Eve Island for the Mancunian. His direction brings an air professionalism to the film, conjuring up a tense atmosphere which permeates the movie with with a plapable sense of unease and menace. Bearing in mind the miniscule budget he was working with, Kent-Watson also achieves some memorable and highly effective sequences.” Sleaze Diary
Cast and characters:
- Cliff Twemlow … Kane [as Mike Sullivan]
- Ginette Gray … Christine Stringer
- Max Beesley Snr. … Chief Inspector Pete Chase [as Maxton G. Beesley]
- Brett Sinclair … Sgt. Peters [as Brett Paul]
- Paul Flanagan … Bronstein [as Paul Hamilton]
- John Saint Ryan … Camille Muhamed
- David Roth … Father Galan [as David Rankin]
- Heather Alexander … Mary Chase
- Steve Powell … Daniel Hunter
- Liam Leslie … Steve Stringer
- Leo Atkin … Ed Stringer
- Terry Cundall … Mr. Big
- Stan Finni … The Demonologist
- Jeremy Philips … Pathologist
The Eye of Satan was passed by British censors the BBFC, on 21st February 1992, at 76m 59s with one second cut for distribution by H.E. Video.
MOVIES & MANIA is wholly independent and we rely solely on the very minor income generated by affiliate links and internet ads to stay online. Please support us by not blocking ads on our site. Thank you.
Quick links to contents: