‘There’s evil underground…’
Trapped Alive is a 1988 American horror feature film directed by Leszek Burzynski from a screenplay co-written with Julian Weaver (Demon Possessed; The Inheritor). Christopher Webster (Severed Ties; Mindwarp; Children of the Night) was the producer. The movie stars Jay Leggett, Cameron Mitchell, Sullivan Hester and Laura Kallison.
One wintry night, friends Robin Adams (Sullivan Hester) and Monica Perry (Laura Kallison) are making their way to a Christmas party when they’re carjacked by a gang of criminals who have just escaped from the local penitentiary.
With the two young women taken as hostages, things take an even darker turn when their vehicle plummets down an abandoned mine shaft, trapping them underground with the dangerous crooks – and a mutant cannibal…
Trapped Alive is being released on Blu-ray by Arrow Video in the UK on May 20 and US on May 21, 2019.
Director-approved Special Edition Content:
- Brand new 2K restoration from the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with director Leszek Burzynski
- Brand new audio commentary with special effects contributor Hank Carlson and horror writer Josh Hadley
- Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
- There’s Evil Underground… – brand new making-of documentary featuring interviews with director Leszek Burzynski, cinematographer Nancy Schreiber, production manager Alexandra Reed and actors Alex Kubik and Sullivan Hester
- Upper Michigan Tonight – 1988 television documentary on Windsor Lake Studios, featuring footage from behind the scenes of Trapped Alive and contemporary interviews with director Leszek Burzynski, producer Christopher Webster and production designer Brian Savegar
- Leszek Burzynski: The Early Years – the Trapped Alive director discusses his early forays into genre movie-making
- Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Justin Osbourn
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Zach Carlson
“The movie itself is hilariously cheesy with a decent mix of sex and action. Two of the three women get naked and the other one decides to spend the finale in her undies. Several people die but none in an overly impressive manner.” Brain Enema Cinema
“With a score that only the finest Casio can provide and shot in an unadorned fashion, Trapped Alive is not something you would have sought out but if it were on TV at 3AM, you might suffer through it.” Josh Hadley, Film Threat
” …a film so terminally boring they toss in a scene where Cameron Mitchell talks to a photograph for about nineteen minutes just in case you might still be awake. The monster only kills two people and is defeated at first strike and there’s very little grue.” Hudson Lee, Vegan Voorhees
Cast and characters:
- Jay Leggett … Prison Guard
- Cameron Mitchell … John Adams – Bloody Movie; Memorial Day Massacre; The Demon; Cataclysm; The Toolbox Murders; Nightmare in Wax; Blood and Black Lace; et al
- Sullivan Hester … Robin Adams
- Laura Kallison … Monica Perry
- Mark Witsken … Randy Carter
- Michael Nash … Mongo
- Alex Kubik … Louis ‘Face’ Napoleon
- Elizabeth Kent … Rachel
- Randy Powell … Billy Williams (as Randolph Powell)
- Paul Dean … The Monster – Rachel’s Father
Eagle River, Wisconsin
Forever Mine was the shooting title.
MOVIES & MANIA is genuinely independent and we rely solely on the very minor income generated by affiliate links and online ads to maintain and grow our online presence. Please support us by not blocking ads on our website. Thank you.
Quick links to site contents: