Il signor Diavolo is a 2019 Italian mystery horror feature film about a bizarre case of a young boy who has murdered one of his peers whom he claims was the devil.
Directed by Pupi Avati (Arcane Sorcerer; Zeder; The House with Laughing Windows) from a screenplay co-written with Antonio Avati and Tommaso Avati, based on the director’s novel, the movie stars Gabriel Lo Giudice, Filippo Franchini, Cesare Cremonini, Massimo Bonetti and Alessandro Haber.
Italy, 1952. Young official Furio Momenté (Gabriel Lo Giudice) is sent to Veneto region, near Polesine, to investigate a shocking and mysterious case: a minor has killed one of his peers claiming that his victim was the devil himself…
Il signor Diavolo was released in Italy on August 22nd, 2019.
Main cast and characters:
- Gabriel Lo Giudice … Furio Momenté
- Filippo Franchini … Carlo Mongiorgi
- Cesare Cremonini … Giulio Mongiorgi (Carlo’s father)
- Massimo Bonetti … Giudice Malchionda
- Alessandro Haber … Padre Amedeo
- Gianni Cavina … Sagrestano
- Lino Capolicchio … Don Zanini
- Eva Antonia Grimaldi … Madre di Paolino
- Chiara Caselli … Clara Vestri Musy
- Enrico Salimbeni … Giocatore due
- Fabio Ferrari … Alberto Collatina
- Chiara Sani … Maria Mongiorgi (Carlo’s mother)
- Iskra Menarini … Dolores
- Grado, Gorizia, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
- Rome, Lazio, Italy
- Rovigo, Veneto, Italy
Aspect ratio: 1.78: 1
MOVIES & MANIA provides an independent aggregated range of previews, opinions and reviews from a wide variety of credited sources, plus our own reviews, in one handy web location. We rely solely on the very minor income generated by affiliate links and internet ads to stay online and expand. Please support us by not blocking ads on our site. Thank you.