‘How many likes for a life?’
Funhouse is a 2020 horror feature film about minor celebrities on an online reality show being killed when they are voted off.
Written and directed by Jason William Lee (The Evil in Us; short: Demons in the Dark), the movie stars Valter Skarsgard (Lord of Chaos), Gigi Saul Guerrero, Khamisa Wilsher, Christopher Gerard and Karolina Benefield. It was produced by Michael Gyori of Canada’s Sandcastle Pictures and Henrik Santesson of Sweden’s Ti Bonny Productions.
Down-and-out backing singer and celebrity ex-husband Kasper Nordin (Valter Skarsgård) is invited to compete in the Funhouse, an online Big Brother-style reality TV show.
Kasper joins seven other C-list celebrities from around the globe to compete for a $5 million prize, only to see the budding friendships, love connections and brewing rivalries go awry one of the contestants is brutally murdered during the first challenge…
Reviews [click links to read more]:
“Some of the deaths, such as being lowered feet first into a vat of acid and an updated version of the rack, are nasty. Others though are stupid […] However much of that is counteracted by lots of whining, bitching and backstabbing. And, since with one exception we know almost nothing about any of these people it’s hard to sympathize. Or even care for that matter.” Voices from the Balcony
Cast and characters:
• Valter Skarsgård … Kasper Nordin
• Gigi Saul Guerrero … Ximena Torres
• Khamisa Wilsher … Lonni Byrne
• Christopher Gerard … James ‘Headstone’ Malone
• Karolina Benefield … Ula La More
• Amanda Howells … Cat Zim
• Mathias Retamal … Dex ‘El Shocker’ Souza
• Jerome Velinsky … Nero / Furcas
• Dayleigh Nelson … Nevin
• Jeff Cooper … Wes Gray
• Jason William Lee … Jack Burton
• Michael MacKinnon … Jode Nash
• Debs Howard … Gilda ‘The Mad’ Batter
• Kylee Bush … Darla Drake
• Jeff Gonek … Panda Captain
Not to be confused with Tobe Hooper’s The Funhouse (1981).