‘7 filmmakers. 7 tales of terror. 0 working cell phones.’
Scare Package is a 2019 American comedy horror anthology feature film being produced by Austin-based genre production company Paper Street Pictures and developed by Aaron B. Koontz and Cameron Burns, who previously collaborated on Camera Obscura, which Koontz directed from a screenplay the pair co-wrote.
Seven directors were selected a different horror sub-genre, taking aim at the tropes and overused clichés we find all too often in horror films.
The directors include Mali Elfman (executive producer of Mike Flanagan’s Before I Wake), Chris McInroy (Bad Guy #2) and Aaron B. Koontz. Actor Noah Segan (Looper, Deadgirl) and comedian/actor Baron Vaughn (Grace and Frankie) made their directorial debuts.
Reviews [click links to read more]:
“Yeah, Scare Package is gory and silly as hell, but this is a movie made by people who love horror movies for people who love horror movies. It’s charmingly aware of the tropes that make up the genre it cherishes, and it leans into them with heart, blood, entrails and laughs. You’ll have a good time with Scare Package…” Bloody Disgusting
- Mali Elfman, Courtney Andujar … (segment “Girls’ Night Out Of Body”)
- Hillary Andujar … (segment “Girls’ Night Out Of Body”)
- Anthony Cousins … (segment “The Night He Came Back Again! Part IV: The Final Kill”)
- Emily Hagins … (segment “Cold Open”)
- Aaron B. Koontz … (segment “Rad Chad’s Horror Emporium, Horror Hypothesis”)
- Chris McInroy … (segment “One Time In The Woods”)
- Noah Segan … (segment “M.I.S.T.E.R.”)
- Baron Vaughn … (segment “So Much To Do”)
The world premiere of Scare Package was at the Sitges Film Festival in Spain on 4th October 2019.
- 103 minutes
- Aspect ratio: 2:1